Voluntary Pension Savings
This is a voluntary additional contribution from your salary to your Retirement Savings Account (RSA) to achieve your personal retirement goals. It is a way of boosting your RSA Balance retirement goal by making additional contributions into your Retirement Savings Account.
Based on instructions given to your employer, this contribution would be deducted from your monthly emolument by your employer and remitted into your Retirement Savings Account (RSA), along with your regular pension contributions.
BENEFITS OF THE AVC:
- Additional savings for you. You can have a higher Retirement Savings Account balance at the time of retirement.
- Savings is done at your convenience.
- Interest rate is higher than the conventional savings account. Interest is not fixed as a result of this, the higher the unit price, the higher the interest.
- Additional Voluntary Contribution deducted from your salary is tax-free. This means contributing into an AVC will lower your overall tax liability.
- You can have access to your AVC account before the age of fifty years. Fifty years of age or thirty-five years of service is not binding for the voluntary saver.
- Inform your Human Resource Manager or Pension Desk Officer about the amount you will like to start contributing as Additional Voluntary Contributions and the frequency of the contributions.
- Your HR/PDO should ensure that the Voluntary Contributions amount is indicated on the Contribution schedule sent to our Custodian.